Why Affordable Housing is important to poverty reduction: Affordable housing is housing that costs less than 30% of before-tax household income. Adequate housing is a fundamental need, the greatest expense in any family’s budget and the core of well-being.
Affordable Housing Research and Resources:
- City of Red Deer – Red Deer Community Housing and Homelessness : 5 Year Integrated Plan
- City of Red Deer – Systems Framework for Housing and Supports
- City of Red Deer – Community Housing Advisory Board
- City of Red Deer – Youth Homelessness
- Red Deer Housing Team
- It’s time to address housing and homelessness
- Facts – Face it Calgary
Have your say: Do you have ideas, concerns, or information to share about transportation and how it can help reduce poverty in Central Alberta?
Send us your thoughts.