This election season, the Central Alberta Poverty Reduction Alliance (CAPRA) has put out to all of the candidates 4 sets of questions, on the topics of:
- High-Cost Alternative Financial Services
- Living Wage
- Social Well-being
CAPRA’s purpose in requesting responses from candidates is two-fold:
- The community can learn about the thoughts, ideas, and positions of the candidates, with regard to these issues, to inform its vote; and
- The candidates can be made more aware of these important issues that affect the city, and consider making poverty-related issues a priority in their council and community work.
The answers received to date have been quite varied. You can see all of the responses at this link.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Review the questions and responses
- Ask these questions of the candidates who knock on your door
- Discuss these issues on candidates’ social media pages, or email them
- Check back on this site regularly to see if more responses have come in
Poverty affects us all. Let’s talk about it!